Boost performance, productivity and wellbeing in your organisation
Research shows that mindfulness can help leaders and staff manage their mental health, stress and emotions in the workplace leading to more effective leadership, higher productivity and job satisfaction as well as contributing to a positive work environment.
Core Life Yoga offers evidence based Yoga and Mindfulness Sessions that can be tailored for your office, school or event.
Why Yoga and Mindfulness is Needed in Education
Healthy stress is a natural part of life, including childhood. Children and adults alike need to be challenged in order to grow and develop. However, in the modern education system, healthy stress is frequently displaced by toxic stress. Toxic stress occurs when life’s demands consistently outpace our ability to cope with those demands. This kind of stress impairs attention, emotion and mood regulation, sleep, and learning readiness.
Because the roots of toxic stress lie deep in the nervous system, we need tools that go beyond the conceptual mind to directly target that system. To transform our habitual responses, we need to regularly practice our skills when we are not in “fight – flight – freeze” mode.
Yoga and Mindfulness helps develop mind-body awareness by training students how to pay attention to the relationship between their mind and body. School-based yoga helps children notice the impact of stress on their well-being. Yoga is a practice of “mindfulness in motion” that uses the body to promote awareness of the present moment. The yoga postures help to release stress and tensions from the body and mind as well as correcting stressful postural imbalances from prolonged sitting.
Benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness
- Attention – Strengthens our “mental muscle” for bringing focus back where we want it, when we want it.
- Emotional Intelligence – Observing our emotions helps us recognise different emotions, to see their transient nature, and to change how we respond to them.
- Adaptability – Becoming aware of our patterns enables us to gradually change habitual behaviours wisely.
- Compassion – Loving awareness of our own thoughts, emotions, and senses grows our understanding of self and consequently of what other people are experiencing.
- Calming – Yoga, breathing and other Mindfulness practices relax the body and mind, giving access to peace independent of external circumstances.
- Resilience – Seeing things objectively provides perspective and reduces the stressful thoughts and narratives that often come with life’s ups and downs giving us greater clarity and balance.
Thanks! We will be in touch to chat about how we can bring Yoga and Mindfulness to your organisation.