Yoga Course for Lower Back, Sacrum and Hip pain
In this five week yoga course with Jen, we will use movement, breath, and imagery to strengthen your core, stabilise your sacrum and hips, release chronic tension in your hip flexors, hamstrings and glutes, and create support for your lower back. Strengthening your back and stabilising your pelvis is very effective for keeping your body stable and pain free, improving your posture. It goes without saying that living in pain effects you physically, mentally and emotionally. This course is designed to bring ease back to your body and mind, supporting you in daily life.
THIS YOGA COURSE IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Experience tension or discomfort in your lower back, hips or sacrum
- Have too much mobility in your sacroiliac joint resulting in a nagging pull on one side of your lower spine
- Sit or drive for extended periods of time
- Do a lot of asymmetrical activities (sit in a twisted position, carry heavy loads on one side, play asymmetrical sports, etc.)
- Want to keep restore balance: strengthening and stabilising weak areas and stretching tight areas by working with all the muscles that support your lower spine and pelvis
- For yoga teachers or movement practitioners who want to get more ideas on how to work with core, back and sacrum in your yoga classes and private sessions in a way that’s accessible to most students
This course is not appropriate for very recent, acute injuries—your body will need some time to heal before you begin to work with it. It is recommended you consult your doctor or physiotherapist before you begin any new movement program.
ABOUT THE COURSE
For your lower back, hips and pelvis to be happy, healthy, and pain-free, these structures needs to be strong, stable, and supple, while being supported from the front, sides, and back.
To build that support, in this yoga course you will:
- Release chronic tension in your hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings creating a balanced front-to-back relationship between your pelvis and your spine;
- Activate your deep core musculature for proper spinal alignment and breathing patterns. Improve engagement of your innermost core structures; including transverse abdominals, diaphragm, iliopsoas, obliques and pelvic floor;
- Strengthen, stretch and massage the muscles that support the lower back and torso.
- Work on restoring a balanced relationship between the sacrum and pelvis and strengthening the surrounding structures that stabilise the sacrum to minimise the risk of it getting displaced.
- Learn Myofascial Release; self-massage using balls to increase flexibility, joint range of motion, and decrease unwanted muscular tension and the effects of trigger points.
- Restore functional breathing to sooth and calm the nervous system from the stress of injury, chronic tension and pain.
- Build self awareness and self acceptance to ease suffering.
VENUE: Kewarra Beach Resort, 80 Kewarra St.
Numbers are limited, book your spot.